Sunday, September 30, 2007

Assertiveness


One of the features of people here I most recognize is the assertiveness. People on the street tend to talk too much - well it's more they shout to each other.Maybe New York is so noisy that people have to act like this. I am more like a very quiet person, I can spend my days without speaking to anyone. Actually, I am very shy, and in NY this is fatal. At the subway I realize people talk a lot with strangers. When they realize the one next to him is from his same background, people don't stop to think before speaking. I always fear the metro situation or the street situation when someone stops you to talk about global warm or some house for children that needs my help. "You can make the difference", he said and got very much annoyed when I just keep walking while mumbling things he probably could not listen. The same at the market when I received a "HOW ARE YOU TODAY" right on the face and mubled some "fine thank you", and the woman say very angry " WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TO ME?". Then I realize I had to be more assertive in my talk otherwise I could have problems.

Be Assertive - Hypnosis
Develop Assertiveness Today.
Hypnosis CD / Instant Download.
Assertiveness Resources
Treatment, Workbooks-download,
Packages, Videos, more
Are You Assertive?
Take This Assertiveness Test!
Browse Our Fun, Free Quizzes.
Know Your Assertive IQ ?
How Assertive Are You ?
Take Free Test & Get Answer Now
Confidence Club
Assertiveness can be learned.
Take the Confidence Test
People are All Important
Everyone is an individual.
Skills for family life & work.

No comments: